LUMI and its potential for Polish science
On October 20, 2021, from 10.00 to 14.00 (CEST, GMT+2), an online conference is organized to present the LUMI supercomputer, as well as its possible applications.
The goals of the event
The main aim of the conference is to present the LUMI supercomputing infrastructure and promote it in the Polish scientific environment. Main topics include:
• LUMI’s place in the EuroHPC JU initiative, construction of a supercomputer and related infrastructure,
• Software in a pre-exascale environment,
• Scientific challenges that can be answered thanks to LUMI,
• Projects from Poland selected to be launched in the test phase,
• User support,
• Polish EuroHPC National Competence Center.
The full agenda and registration form can be found at: https://events.plgrid.pl/e/lumi.
Among the speakers there are:
• Dr Pekka Manninen – Director of the LUMI Leadership Computing Facility;
• Prof. Gabriel Wlazłowski and prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki – Polish laureates of the competition for LUMI pilot projects
• Andreas Findling, HPE representative;
• Maciej Szpindler – member of the LUMI User Support Team;
• Marek Magryś – EuroCC Poland representative.
The event is organized online and the participation is open.